The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted within the last week, August 22 – 28, 2018.
- Wabash Elementary School, 100 Golden Gate Parkway – score 100
- Fastlane, 21750 Veteans Memorial Parkway – score 93
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt). Failure to post permit
- 54th Street Grill, 1897 Wentzville Parkway – score 93
Employees not washing hands, properly 5(pnt) – Employees handling food to wash hands at time of glove change, before donning gloves and when changing from raw Temperature Controlled for Safety foods to Ready To Eat Foods. Discussed tape on reach in cooler near stove, slight leak at rear hand sink, date / label on all containers and removal of old labels. time control during cooling process on large roast and similar bulk items.
- Maggie Malone’s, 990 Wentzville Parkway – score 71
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt). PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Chicken and beef at lower 2 drawers of reach in straight from entry to kitchen, near stove, temperature 52F. Food removed to walk in and to be cooked immediately or disposed of. Removal of the food from these drawers abated the violation but will reinspect to ensure unit lower drawers maintain 41F or below. Observed food beyond expiration date. Food beyond expiration date to be disposed of. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed soda nozzle at bar in need of cleaning to prevent build up. Grease is still being conveyed by bucket to grease trap or drum located behind dumpster exterior at side of building. Sewage grease is to be conveyed through sanitary system to disposal. Observed drainage from walk in cooler / freezer over flows open drain and flows onto floor. Sewage should not exit system. Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed trash in need of conveyance to trash dumpster throughout facility. Failure to post current inspection. Inspection posted from 2016. Place thermometers in all refrigeration units to ensure proper temperature control.
- Lakeview Elementary School, 2501 Mexico Road – score 100
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Heritage Primary, 612 Blumhoff Avenue – score 100
- Heritage Intermediate, 601 Carr Street – score 100
- 88 China, 1933 Wentzville Parkway – score 91
Food uncovered with the risk of cross-contamination 5(pnt) – Cover all foods to ensure protection and store foods to minimize chance of contamination. Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt). See discussion regarding how long foods such as beef, pork or rice are in temperature zone. Flies present. More needs to be done to control flies such as keeping rear door closed. Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Shelving units in food prep and storage areas in need of cleaning to prevent build up. When foods must sit out at room temperature for an extended time, document the time a food is in temperature danger zone. All food related items to be stored at least 6 inches off floor. Make sure chemicals are separated from food items to prevent contamination. Do not store food in damaged or non food grate containers. All containers for food storage must have smooth and easily cleanable surfaces.
- Boone Trail Elementary, 555 East Highway N – score 100
- Stone Creek Elementary, 1850 Highway Z – score 100
- Wentzville Lounge, 11 West Allen Street – score 93
No food certification at time of inspection. Ceiling in need of scraping and cleaning.
- Holt High School, 600 Campus Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- BC’s Kitchen, 10 Meadows Circle Drive Ste 400 – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 459 Hawk Ridge Trail – score 92
Dirty FCSs – Trays for toaster not cleaned regularly. Observed significant amount of live flies in the store ,employee uncertain about pest control measures in place. Employees, fingernails long, dirty polished or artificial. Current food permit not posted for public view
- Lion’s Choice, 4001 Highway K – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt Emge Elementary, 250 Fallon Parkway – score 100
- 18 North Central, 18 North Central Drive – score 98
- Liberty High School, 2275 Sommers Road – score 100
- Dardenne Elementary, 2621 Highway K – score 100
- The Brass Rail, 4601 Highway K – score 94
Observed significant amount of live flies in large kitchen, large delivery door without insect protection. Observed that employee with long facial hair works in food prep area. Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Small kitchen by dish machine, large kitchen by exit door, entry to walk in cooler small kitchen
- Timber Creek Grill, 1120 Technology Drive 108 – score 98
- P’Sghetti’s Pasta & Sandwiches, 1120 Technology Drive 109 – score 95
- ALDI, 8615 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- West County Day School, 9983 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Amoco – Ramzey’s, 1980 South Old Highway 94 – score 100
- Immanuel Lutheran School, 115 South Sixth Street – score 100
- Domain Street Wine Bar, 3253 Rue Royale – score 100
- Sodexo at Harvest Ridge Elementary, 1220 Harvest Ridge Drive – score 100
- Chartwells at Null Elementary, 435 Yale Boulevard – score 100
- El Rancho Neuvo, 1644 Country Club Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
- Sunshine Home Care, 618 Hemsath Road – score 90
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – Observed person in charge does not have a serv safe certification. PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – OBSERVED FOOD IN BASEMENT REACH IN COOLER AT 55 DEGREES
- Sunshine Home Care, 618 Hemsath Road – follow up
Establishment is not going to use the broken refrigerator and has a back up that they are going to use instead. Sign was placed on the refrigerator “Do Not Use”.
- Chartwells at St. Charles Senior High, 725 North Kingshighway – score 100
- Chartwells at Harris Elementary, 2800 Old Muegge Road – score 100
- Sam’s Club cafe, 2855 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Sam’s Club rotisserie chicken, 2855 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Chartwells at Lincoln Elementary, 620 South Sixth Street – follow up, in compliance
- Hope St. Charles Academy of Early Learning, 2041 Bluestone Drive – score 100
- Greiner’s Pub, 2035 Campus Drive – score 100
- Dollar Tree Store, 1067 Regency Parkway – score 98
- Fastlane, 2301 South Old Highway 94 – score 90
Out of compliance with proper hot holding temperatures. Failure to post most recent inspection report.
- Zumbehl BP, 19909 Zumbehl Road – score 85
Food that is unsafe, adulterated or contaminated (discarded) 5(pnt)
Ready to eat PHFs not dated 5(pnt)
- Walgreen’s, 2310 South Old Highway 94 – score 95
- Walgreen’s, 2329 West Clay Street – score 95
- St. Peter School, 201 First Capitol Drive – score 95
Observed heat dishmachine not reaching rinse temperature of 180 F minimum and surface temperature of utensils/plates not reaching 160 F minimum.
Discontinue use until corrected to above listed water/surface temperatures.
- Chartwell’s at Orchard Farm elementary, middle school, high school, 2135, 2175, 2195 Highway V – all scored 100
- Chartwell’s at Coverdell Elementary, 2475 West Randolph Street – score 100
- The Bridge Market & Faith Community, 3257 Domain Street – score 95
- STL Cake Pops, 198 Tecumseh Street – score 100
- Fort Zumwalt Ostmann Elementary, 200 Meriwether Lewis Drive – score 100
- Signature India, 1617 Bryan Road – score 98
- Cloud 9 Premium Lounge, 1517 Cottleville Parkway – score 100
- Panda Express, 6081 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Schnuck’s deli, 6083 Mid Rives Mall Drive – score 98
- Sodexo at Warren Elementary, 141 Weiss Road – score 100
- Sodexo at Fairmount Elementary, 1725 Thoele Road – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2018:
- Jack in the Box, 6096 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Karen’s Kids, 3857 McClay Road – score 100
- Kidz Academy, 1 Sugarwood Drive – score 100
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 690 Starwood Drive – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 6274 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Little Learners of St. Peters, 605 South Church Street – score 100
- Long John Silvers, 4401 Veterans Memorial Drive – score 92
- LP Mart, 699 Salt Lick Road – score 98