The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of December 19 – 25, 2018.
- KFC, 718 West Pearce Boulevard – score 96
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – 0bserved ice machine bin in need of cleaning.
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Observed leak below 3 comp sink and at basement north side.
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant, 1201 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- West Allen Grill, 9 West Allen Street – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- BC’s Kitchen, 10 Meadows Circle Drive Ste. 400 – score 94
Observed no gloves being used in the salad prep station. Gloves should be used for single tasks and when working with Ready to Eat Food items.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on the two door cooler in the dishwash area, reach in coolers on the line, walk in cooler, and on reach in coolers in the bar area.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dark build up in the crevices of the inner barrier of the ice machine. This should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up. Observed shelving in the establishment containing food debris and dust. Any surface holding clean containers should be cleaned regularly.
- Chang Xing Asian Bistro, 121 O’Fallon Plaza – score 98
- Ace Sushi at Fresh Thyme, 2235 Highway K – score 100
- Arby’s, 705 Highway K – score 100
- Delmar Gardens of O’Fallon, 7068 South Outer 364 – score 100
- Fazoli’s, 1108 Highway K – score 98
- Longhorn Steakhouse, 2102 Highway K – score 96
Equipment, linens, single service not stored properly 2(pnt) – Observed dish racks stored directly on the ground throughout the kitchen including the server area. This is a repeat violation.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed dirty shelving in the food preparation area. This is a repeat violation.
- Rally’s, 506 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- O’Fallon Family Restaurant, 1322 Sunburst Drive – score 83
During the inspection, there was no Certified Food Manager on Site. Within the last few minutes of doing the inspection the Owner, Ibiriham Tunga, was present. At all times a Risk 4 Establishment should have a Certified Food Protection Manager on Site. This is a repeat violation.
(Handwashing Sink – Operation and Maintenance) Observed the only hand sink in the kitchen with hot water manually turned off due to plumbing disrepair. Hot water is available only when manually turned on. Please see comments regarding the follow-up of this violation.
Observed no disposable hand towels provided at the hand sink
Sanitizer too strong 5(pnt) – Observed bucket of sanitizer in the dining room area with a concentration of 200 PPM+ Chlorine. This violation was corrected on site with a staff member.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on reach in coolers on the line in the kitchen as well as a stand up cooler located across from the line.
- Arby’s, 4231 Highway K – score 100
- VIP Kids Daycare, 1306 Feise Road – score 95
Discussed requirement for basic level food safety certification for person in charge. Will check at next routine inspection for completion. Dishmachine found not pulling sanitizer. Sanitize dishes in separate sink.
- Waffle House, 1200 South Fifth Street – follow up, in compliance
- Arrow Senior Living at The Boulevard, 3330 Ehlmann Road – score 100
- Bellacino’s Pizza and Grinders, 1455 Bass Pro Drive – score 92
Observed condensate line for walk in cooler damaged and water draining into cambro/plastic container. Unit should be draining into designated drain.
Observed gaskets on cold holding equipment in poor repair. Observed rust forming on walk in cooler shelving with paint/coating damaged. Observed cove base damaged or missing throughout kitchen area.
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – Observed personal items stored on dry storage shelving. Have dedicated area for personal items out of kitchen location.
- Big Woody’s BBQ, 1821 Zumbehl Road – score 91
Observed items not reheated to 165F for 15 seconds within 2 hours. Found steam table being used for reheating. Steam tables are not designed to get foods reheated to 165 in 2 hours or under.
Observed accumulation of debris on walls and floors in front and back kitchen. Areas include (but not limited to) 3 compartment sink, mop sink, hot water heater, along baseboards, and under prep tables/equipment. Observed staining and accumulation on ceiling tiles in front kitchen.
Observed debris accumulation behind and under fryers. Observed coving/baseboard missing under 3 compartment sink. Observed lighting intensity insufficient in food prep locations including front kitchen and back (prep) kitchen.
- Mattingly’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1048 Wolfrum Road – 74
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO ONE ON DUTY WITH A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt) – OBSERVED BAR DISHWASHER NOT SANITIZING, CHLORINE 0PPM.
No test kit for sanitizer 5(pnt) – OBSERVED NO TEST STRIPS TO MEASURE SANITIZER LEVELS
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED MICROWAVE SOILED, OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED IN PREP COOLER, OBSERVED SHELVING HEAVILY SOILED IN WALK IN COOLER, OBSERVED HOOD VENTS HEAVILY SOILED, OBSERVED WALLS IN WALK IN COOLER SOILED. OBSERVED WALL IN NEED OF REPAIR BY PIZZA DELI
OBSERVED 2018 PERMIT NOT POSTED. OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED
- Little Learners Academy, 5935 South Highway 94 – score 100
- The Silly Goose, 5501 Locust Street – score 100
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from November 2018:
- Club Fitness, 3651 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Coopers, 6632 Mexico Road – score 98
- Cooper Chimney, 200 Mid Rivers Center – score 94
- Country Club Car Wash, 4200 Mexico Road – score 98
- CVS Pharmacy, 400 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- CVS Pharmacy, 1749 Woodstone Drive – score 100
- Denny’s Restaurant, 3939 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 96
- Dollar General Store, 34 Harvester Square – score 98
- Dollar General Store, 1080 Grand Teton Drive – score 100
- Dollar Tree Store, 6670 Mexico Road – score 98
- Drury Inn, 170 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – scorer 100
- Dunkin Donuts, 7343 Mexico Road – score 96
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 3601 North St. Peters Parkway Ste. 100 – score 98
- Elmers Old Town Tavern, 8 Main Street – score 100