The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of September 4 – 10, 2019.
- New Melle Sports & Recreation, 4700 Highway Z – score 100
- Bavarian Smoke Haus, 4695 Highway Z – score 100
- Ruby Tuesday, 1218 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- IHOP, 10 Layla Lane – score 100
- Alfano’s Pizza, 1437 Wentzville Parkway – score 100
- Lone Wolf Saloon, 405 Luetkenhaus Boulevard – follow up, violation abated
- Imo’s Pizza, 1127 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- China Buffet, 1126 West Pearce Boulevard – score 90
Hot water is not available at middle hand sink in room between sushi and kitchen. Hot water should be available at this hand sink.
2) Hand sink to be used only for hand washing and hand washing should be done only at hand sink
Leaking plumbing or plumbing in disrepair 5, 2(pnt) – Plumbing below 3rd compartment from dish machine leaking and in need of repair.
- Millwoods, 1826 West Pearce Boulevard – score 93
Utensils and FCS not sanitized before use 5(pnt)
Dish machine not dispensing sanitizer into cleaning compartment at time of inspection. Corrected on site.
Flies in kitchen to be eliminated.
- 909 Public House, 909 Main Plaza Drive – follow up, in compliance
Lake Saint Louis
- Sonic Drive-In, 6325 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 8649 Highway N – score 100
- Lullaby Inn Learning Center, 10390 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Tumbleweeds, 6127 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 91
No soap at sink 5(pnt) – Observed empty soap dispenser at handwash sink by dishwash station.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelves (particularly lower ones) in the walkin cooler with dirt/debris, dirt/debris on fan grate covers in walkin cooler, dirt along inside edge of ice machine, dirt/debris on floor around/under the ice machine, dirt/dust on shelves with clean dishware.
Coats, purses and other personal items stored improperly 2(pnt) – Observed Smok vape and uncovered Styrofoam cup on shelf over prep cooler in cookline. Designate a spot for personal items and store items in that location to prevent contamination of food.
Back door closing – flies in kitchen
Food protection/covering in walkin cooler
Damaged floor/base cove by ice machine
Gaskets on 2 door True upright and prep cooler
- Jack in the Box, 415 South Main Street – score 88
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Hand sinks to be used for hand washing only and to be maintained clean.
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Observed some containers and utensils stored soiled . In use utensils to be stored in clean place and stored items to be clean at time of storage. Wrappers for food are to be maintained clean as they are in direct contact with food.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed some equipment and facility surfaces and shelving in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
Discussed glove usage and hand wash at glove change. Discussed not wearing apron outside. Hand drying paper towels are to be stored and maintained clean for usage. Properly maintain time control for non temperature controlled TCS foods.
- Papa John’s Pizza, 929 Highway K – score 96
CONTROLLING PESTS – Observed accumulation of drain flies in the ware washing area of the establishment. Use control methods to eliminate drain flies.
Observed no 2019 license posted in the establishment.
- Imo’s Pizza, 2756 Highway K – score 98
- St. Louis Bread Company, 1300 Highway K – score 98
- Schnuck’s deli, 3740 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Jersey Mike’s, 2508 Highway K – score 98
- Barfield Early Childhood Special Education Center, 2025 Hanley Road – score 100
- Salty’s Fresh Mex, 5045 Highway N – score 94
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets on stand up reach in cooler located on the left hand side of the grill. 2) Observed accumulation of water on the side of the grill and reach in cooler to the far left. Repair equipment to for good working condition.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of food debris underneath the grill.
Dirty walls, floors or ceilings because of construction or improper installation 2(pnt) – Observed peeling paint and stains on the walls throughout the establishment. Walls should be smooth and easily cleanable.
- Sha’s Coffee Teas N Things, 820 North Second Street – score 100
- Windsor Estates of St. Charles, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 98
- 77 Bistro at Windsor Estates, 2150 West Randolph Street – score 100
- Pizza Hut, 2440 West Clay Street – score 98
- Dunkin Donuts, 1211 South Fifth Street – score 91
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED OUTSIDE OF SUGAR CONTAINERS SOILED, OBSERVED WALK IN FREEZER FLOOR SOILED. OBSERVED CAULKING AROUND 3 COMPARTMENT SINK SOILED AND IN NEED OF REPAIR
OBSERVED 2019 PERMIT NOT POSTED IN PUBLIC VIEW
OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED
- Sugarbot Sweet Shop, 433 Jackson Street – score 100
- Shogun Japanese Restaurant, 2057 Zumbehl Road – score 86
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) – OBSERVED PERSON IN CHARGE WITHOUT A SERV SAFE CERTIFICATION
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED ICE MACHINE SHELF SOILED, OBSERVED CEILING TILE SOILED IN KITCHEN, OBSERVED SIDE OF HOOD SOILED
Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED UNSHIELDED LIGHT BULBS IN KITCHEN
OBSERVED MOST RECENT INSPECTION NOT POSTED
- Tendercare Learning Center, 1804 Boones Lick Road – score 98
- Valentis Delicatessen and Market Place, 105 North Main Street – score 96
Risk 3 establishment requires one individual with a 5 year management level certification. When this person is not on site, another person in charge is required to have a basic level food safety certification. Any ANSI certified program is acceptable.
Damaged floor tiles, holes in walls, missing ceiling tiles 2(pnt) – Observed wooden floor exposed in damaged tile areas throughout front and back kitchen.
- Taco Bell, 2003 Zumbehl Road – score 100
- Schnuck’s salad bar, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Schnuck’s deli, 1950 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- Adeline’s Kitchen, 800 South Fifth Street – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 3710 Elm Street – score 94
Observed automatic paper towel dispenser not operational in men’s restroom and handsink located by walk in cooler units. Batteries dead. Paper towels available from towel rolls.
Harborage conditions found. Standing water and wet mop head found in 3 compartment/mop sink location.
Found debris under dry storage shelving and under equipment near drive through window location.
Found rust accumulation and mold-like substance on shelving units in walk in cooler. Any shelving with rust build up must be restored or replaced. Repeat Violation
- Sodexo at Central Elementary School, 4525 Central School Road – score 100
- Sodexo at Hollenback Junior High School, 4555 Central School Road – score 100
- Stefanina’s Express, 1938 Zumbehl Road – score 98
- El Rancho Nuevo, 804 O’Fallon Road – score 100
- Los 3 Compadres Mexican Restaurant, 1052 Wolfrum Road – score 100
- Strathalbyn Farms Club, 552 Wolfrum Road – score 98
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2019
- Dollar General Store, 34 Harvester Square – score 98
- Dollar General Store, 1080 Grand Teton Drive – score 98
- Dollar Tree Store, 6670 Mexico Road – score 98
- Drury Inn, 170 Mid Rivers Mall Circle – score 98
- Dunkin Donuts, 7343 Mexico Road – score 83 (Sept. 19), score 93 (Sept. 30)
- Emperor China, 4107 Mexico Road – score 93 (Sept. 16), score 98 (Sept. 26)
- Fastlane, 301 Salt Lick Road – score 100
- Fazoli’s, 5775 Suemandy Drive – score 100
- Home Depot food stand, 6190 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 1365 Jungermann Road – score 93 (Sept. 16), score 98 (Sept. 30)
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Half Baked Cookie Dough, 1600 Mid Rivers mall Drive STe. 1202 – score 100
- Imo’s, 312 Jungermann Road – score 96