The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the period of September 11 – 17, 2019.
- Steak N Shake, 1134 West Pearce Boulevard – score 91
Hot water temp at front hand sink is 74F. Hot water should reach at least 100F. Do not use this hand sink until hot water is resolved. 2)Sink should not be used for purposes other than hand washing.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Ice machine and bins and inside and outside of refrigeration units in need of cleaning to prevent build up. Ceiling and floors in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- Subway, 608 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
- Sam’s Club rotisserie, 3055 Bear Creek Drive – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Denny’s Restaurant, 1300 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 100
- Circle K, 1001 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 75
Certifies employee to be present when store open.
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt) – Hand sink to be used only for hand washing.
Chicken and potato self service hot hold is at 120F and 114F respectively. Temperature should be above 135F
PHF?s not held at 41 degrees or below 5(pnt) – Magic Chef refrigerator used for raw chicken is at 48F. Chicken should be stored in different refrigerator until Magic Chef can hold at or below 41F. Chicken moved immediately.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Walk in cooler soiled and in need of cleaning.
Current inspection to be posted.
- Green Tree Elementary School, 1000 Ronald Reagan Drive -score 100
- El Maguey Mexican Restaurant, 6125 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Hardee’s, 10 Centre on the Lake – score 98
- The Landing of O’Fallon, 1000 Landing Circle – score 100
- B Halls Family Grill, 3782 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Mr Goodcents Subs 7 Pastas, 842 Bryan Road – score 100
- Ethyl’s Smokehouse & Saloon, 8505 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 98
- Liberty High School, 2275 Sommers Road – score 100
- Discovery Ridge Elementary School, 2523 Sommers Road – score 100
- O’Fallon Family YMCA, 3451 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- First Wok, 3748 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 88
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no towels at kitchen handwash sink.
Observed raw chicken over other food (beef) in walkin cooler.
Observed cauliflower in box on the floor in walkin cooler.
Observed scoops (i.e. pots, jugs, cups) in bulk ingredients with the handles in the product.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed back door not fully closed and flies in the kitchen.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 2352 Highway K – score 93
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed shelving next to the three compartment sink having parts of sticky food residue. Clean shelving regularly.
Observed no recent inspection report posted for the establishment. Last score was 88 and the establishment has a report score of 96 up for the public to see.
- Imo’s Pizza, 625 North Main Street – score 100
- Dierberg’s seafood, 2979 Highway K – score 100
- Tendercare Learning Center, 206 McDonald Lane – score 100
- Pheasant Point Elementary, 3450 Pheasant Meadow Drive – score 100
- Dardenne Elementary School, 2621 Highway K – score 100
- No. 1 Chinese Restaurant, 39 O’Fallon Square – score 88
Observed no Certified Food Protection Manager on site during the inspection. Risk 4 Establishments must have a Certified Food Protection Manager on site at all hours of operation.
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – Observed light from the back door on the bottom right hand side indicating that the outer opening not covered. Replace weather strip to prevent insect from entering the establishment.
Observed no recent inspection report posted.
- Chang Xing Asian Bistro, 121 O’Fallon Plaza – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 415 South Main Street – follow up, in compliance
- Ostmann Elementary School, 200 Meriwether Lewis Drive – score 100
- Moe’s Southwest Grill, 6097 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 86
Observed no one with a Food Safety Manager Certification on site during inspection. Risk 4 Establishments must have a Food Safety Manager on site during all hours of operation.
CONDITIONS OF USE – Observed no in-use sanitizer used for food contact surfaces on the line. Corrected on site.
Thermometers missing from hot or cold unit 2(pnt) – Observed broken gauges and missing thermometers from hot holding units on the cook line.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed accumulation of food and water on the bottom shelf of reach in cooler located on the line.
- St. Charles Indoor Sports DBA Vetta, 1425 St. Peters Cottleville Road – score 100
- Cottleville Fire District, 1385 Motherhead Road – score 100
- Albadia, 3957 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- Green China Restaurant, 2148 First Capitol Drive – score 91
Found screen door in kitchen leading to outside in poor condition and not closing securely. Door should close to prevent any outside openings for entry of pests.
Observed harborage conditions existing. Those items include accumulation of grease and debris on floors as stated elsewhere.
Found hood requiring cleaning. Found with grease accumulation. Management states cleaning is scheduled for following week through professional service.
Found outsides of dry bulk tubs/bins with accumulation of debris. Found dry shelving with accumulation of debris
Observed air vents with dust accumulation and surrounding ceiling tiles.
Observed floor and surrounding surfaces under front handsink (by steam well) with accumulation of debris and moisture. Drain pipe in area found with accumulation of debris.
Found grease accumulation on gas line for tall oven/roaster and debris accumulation behind tall oven/roaster and surrounding floor sink in that area. Found floors surrounding fryer with accumulation of grease.
- Duchesne Bar, 1001 South Duchesne Drive – score 95
Observed no person in charge with the minimum requirement for food safety certification. Risk 3 establishments require one person to be 5 year management level certified. When this person is not on site, the person in charge on site is required to have (at minimum) a basic level food safety certification. Any ANSI recognized class/certificate is allowed.
- El Caporal Mexicana Grocery Store, 2265 First Capitol Drive – score 96
Food packaged on-site not labeled or bulk foods for Consumer service unlabeled 5(pnt) – OBSERVED CONTAINERS OF SOUR CREAM NOT LABELED
Unshielded bulbs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED UNSHIELDED LIGHT BULB IN KITCHEN
- Waffle House, 301 Little Hills Industrial Boulevard – score 100
- Walmart deli, 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 3720 Elm Street – score 95
Observed possible fruit fly insects in back prep room, dish area, and around bag-in-box soda area. The PREMISES shall be maintained free of insects, rodents, and other pests. The presence of insects, rodents, and other pests shall be controlled to eliminate their presence on the PREMISES
- Sugarfire Smokehouse, 3150 Elm Point Industrial Drive – score 100
- Qdoba Mexican Eats, 1315 Bass Pro Drive – score 96
- The Real Mexican Flavor, 1411 South First Capitol Drive D – score 93
Failure to designate a Person-in-Charge 5(pnt) = Observed person in charge without a serve safe certification
Outer openings unprotected 2(pnt) – OBSERVED GAP AT BACK DOOR
- Llywelyn’s Pub, 100 North Main Street – score 94
Found gaskets damaged on most cold holding equipment.
Found AC condenser piping dripping water into catch basin.
Found drip in 2 compartment sink plumbing.
Found cracked floor tiles in dishmachine area and missing tiles.
Found missing floor tiles under fryers.
Found walls under and behind dishmachine with black substance accumulation.
Found floors with missing tiles under fryers with grease and debris accumulation.
Found cove base missing under dishmachine area.
- A to Z Kids, 812 South Benton Avenue – score 100
- Lloyd and Harry’s, 208 North Main Street – score 98
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2866, 66 VFW Lane – score 100
- Massa’s Italian Grill, 3761 New Town Boulevard – score 98
- Sugar Creek Winery and Vineyards, 125 Boone Country Lane – score 100
- Defiance Ridge Vineyards, 2711 Highway 94 S – score 98
- Centennial Farms, 199 Jackson Street – score 100
- Montelle Winery, 201 Montelle Drive – score 100
The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from July 2019
- Jack in the Box, 6096 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 87 (July 8), score 82 (July 26), score 87 (July 29)
- Jimmy John’s, 4865 Mexico Road – score 100
- Just 1 Taste Catering, 710 Lexington Park – score 100
- Karen’s Kids, 3857 McClay Road – score 100
- Kidz Academy, 1 Sugarwood Drive – score 98
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 690 Starwood Drive – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 6274 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Lulu’s Shaved Ice Food Truck, 904 Main Plaza Drive – score 100
- Main Street Diner, 315 Main Street – score 100
- Mandarin Garden, 36 Plaza 94 – score 94
- Martian Car Wash, 6088 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- McClay Adult Day Care, 3821 McClay Road – score 90 (July 18), score 100 (July 29)
- McDonald’s, 3883 Veterans Memorial Parkway – score 94
- McDonald’s, 6251 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 98
- McDonald’s, 7890 Mexico Road – score 94
- Mr. Goodcents Subs and Pastas, 4101 Mexico Road Ste. D – score 100
- Old Hickory Golf Club, 1 Dye Club Road – score 93 (July 11), score 98 (July 25)
- Olive Garden Restaurant, 5815 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Outback Steakhouse, 5228 North Service Road – score 100
- Parrot’s Bar & Grill, 2951 North St. Peters Parkway – score 100
- Pirrone’s Pizza, 299 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Popeye’s, 401 Salt Lick Road – score 86 (July 2), score 96 (July 11)
- Pretzelmaker, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 1504 – score 100
- Pretzelmaker, 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive Ste. 2014 – score 100
- Primrose School of St. Charles at Heritage, 1001 Heritage Crossing – score 100