The St. Charles County Department of Public Health monitors more than 1,300 food service providers in St. Charles County. (The City of St. Peters conducts its own inspections.) Routine inspections are conducted by specialists with the department for proper food safety procedures and are scored by deducting points from a starting score of 100.
The following acronyms are used in violation information: PHF (Potentially Hazardous Food), TCS (Time/Temperature Control for Safety), FCS (Food-contact Surface), NFC (Non-food contact surface), RTE (Read to Eat).
The following scores were posted during the week of December 26, 2018 to January 1, 2019.
- The Grotto Grill, 5074 Highway P – score 100
- 54th Street Grill, 1897 Wentzville Parkway – score 93
Sink used for purposes other than hand washing 5(pnt) – Hand sinks to be used only for hand washing.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Non contact surfaces such as shelving and equipment interiors (microwaves) and inside of storage units such as drawers and cooler interiors in need of cleaning to prevent build up.
- 88 China, 1933 Wentzville Parkway – score 85
Sink is blocked or inaccessible 5(pnt)
Dirty FCSs 5(pnt) – Knives and utensils to be maintained clean while in use.
Improper methods of Time used for temperature control 5, 2(pnt) – Rice and vegetables holding at room temp until cooked need to be marked to ensure time held at room temp to ensure safety.
Observed sewage again leaking from under toilet in men’s room onto floor where it can be tracked into kitchen on shoes. Men’s restroom should close and remain closed until repair is made. It does not appear sewage comes onto floor if toilet is not used. If rest room is closed and remains closed, reinspection will be in 30 days.
Discussed not storing and cooling food near or under hand sink. Food mixer should be food grade. Foods to be stored covered and marked with date. Shelves and storage areas should be clean. Food storage containers should be food grade and easily cleanable and maintained free of damage.
- Sakura Hibachi & Sushi, 1119 West Pearce Boulevard – score 100
Lake Saint Louis
- Circle K, 1001 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – follow up
No one at store, at time of inspection, is certified in food safety. Current inspection is not present or posted.
Re inspections to occur until violations abated at a cost to the licensee of $35 per inspection.
- Green China, 1317 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard – score 93
Bare hands contact with RTE food 5(pnt) – Use utensils to package cooked items
Food stored on floor or exposed to moisture/contamination 2(pnt) – Food not to be stored on floor.
Discussed replacing gasket on Bev Air refrigerator. Discussed general cleaning of shelves.
- Popeyes, 6475 Ronald Reagan Drive – score 100
- Park Place Assisted Living, 2000 Boardwalk Place Drive – score 100
- Park Place Senior Living, 2002 Boardwalk Place Drive – score 98
- Nina’s Place, 3752 Monticello Plaza Drive – score 100
- Wonder Years, 7104 Twin Chimneys Boulevard – score 100
- Massa’s Bar & Grill, 3072 Winghaven Boulevard – score 87
Observed no one on site at the establishment with a Food Protection Manager Certification. Risk 4 Establishments require someone on site at all times to have a certification.
No towels or dryer at sink 5(pnt) – Observed no paper towels at all the hand sinks in the establishment. This was corrected on site.
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – Observed torn gaskets throughout the establishment including reach in coolers and walk in coolers.
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – Observed the inner barrier of the ice machine containing a dark build up along the rim. This piece of equipment should be cleaned regularly to avoid build up.
Unnecessary items/clutter and litter 2(pnt) – Observed dirty dishes throughout the establishment as well as dirty floors.
- Kiddie Academy of O’Fallon, 4088 Winghaven Boulevard – score 100
- Clayton’s, 104 Triad Center W – follow up
Dates provided to the food items in the reach in cooler and paper towels have been provided to the hand sink. Gaskets, shelving, and microwave will be checked for during the next inspection.
- O’Fallon Family Restaurant, 1322 Sunburst Drive – follow up
Observed hot water at the hand sink without manually turning on the sink and paper towels supplied. Certified Food Protection Manager and gaskets will be checked for during the next Routine inspection.
- Schnuck’s, 1421 Mexico Loop Road E, retail, deli, seafood, bakery – all scored 100
- Krisna Veni Foods, 943 Waterbury Falls Drive – score 100
- Bogey Hills Country Club, 1120 Country Club Road – score 100
- Ruma’s Deli, 1500 Elm Street – score 100
- AMC Theatres Streets of St. Charles 8, 311 Lombard Street – score 98
- Wasabi Sushi Bar, 1650 Beale Street – score 96
Handwashing signage 2(pnt) – OBSERVED NO HANDWASHING SIGNS IN RESTROOMS
Dirty FCSs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SODA NOZZLE SOILED
- Mattingly’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1048 Wolfrum Road – follow up, in compliance
- Kids Academy, 6016 Weldon Spring Parkway – score 100
- Bemo’s, 5373 Highway N – score 94
In-use serving utensils not stored properly 2(pnt) – OBSERVED BOWLS BEING USED IN FLOUR AND SUGAR CONTAINER. SCOOPS WITH HANDLES NEED TO BE USED TO PREVENT CONTAMINATION OF PRODUCT
Torn or broken door seals, hinges etc. (poorly maintained or in disrepair) 2(pnt) – OBSERVED REACH IN COOLER LID IN NEED OF REPAIR, OBSERVED SHELVING RUSTY AND NOT SMOOTH AN EASILY CLEANABLE
Dirty NFCs 2(pnt) – OBSERVED SHELVING SOILED AT APPLIANCE STATION, OBSERVED SUGAR/FLOUR CONTAINERS SOILED, OBSERVED UTENSIL CONTAINER SOILED, OBSERVED MICROWAVE SOILED
The City of St. Peters also conducts its own inspections through its Food Sanitation Department. Violation details are not available. The following inspection scores are from November 2018:
- Fastlane, 301 Salt Lick Road – score 98
- Fazoli’s, 5775 Suemandy Drive – score 98
- Francesco’s Italian Restaurant, 429 South Church Street – score 87 (Nov. 2), score 92 (Nov. 29)
- Francis Howell North Concession Stand, 2549 Hackmann Road – score 100
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, 1365 Jungermann Road – score 98
- Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, 3600 South St. Peters Parkway – score 96
- Green China, 627 Salt Lick Road – score 96
- Half Baked Cookie Dough Co., 1600 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Ham N Egg, 3640 Harvester Road – score 100
- Hibachi Boy, 6155 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 100
- Imo’s Pizza, 595 Starwood Drive – score 96
- Jack in the Box, 6096 Mid Rivers Mall Drive – score 96
- Jack in the Box, 299 Salt Lick Road Ste. 100 – score 94
- Karen’s Kids, 3857 McClay Road – score 100
- Kidz Academy, 1 Sugarwood Drive – score 98
- KJ’s Home of the Crazy Greek, 235 Jungermann Road Ste. 203-205 – score 98
- Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken, 6990 Starwood Drive – score 100
- Lion’s Choice, 6274 Mi Rivers Mall Drive – score 100