St. Charles County Government and the Department of Public Health staff are working closely with local, regional, state and federal partners to investigate COVID-19, monitor individuals who may have been exposed to the virus and implement procedures to reduce the spread of illness. Consult St. Charles County’s COVID-19 website for information on the disease pandemic and the county’s response activities.
Information about the COVID-19 vaccine, vaccination news, and links for vaccination registrations can be found here.
As of this update at 7 p.m. on Friday, May 28, 2021 the Department of Public Health reports the following:
- 37,570 cumulative confirmed cases* in St. Charles County
- 10,063 probable cases
- 43 percent decrease in positive cases over the last 14 days compared to the prior 14 days
- 148,813 St. Charles County residents have completed vaccination regimen
Confirmed cases from the past week:
- 10 cases on Saturday, May 22
- 12 cases on Sunday, May 23
- 6 cases on Monday, May 4
- 12 cases on Tuesday, May 25
- 11 cases on Wednesday, May 26
- 4 cases on Thursday, May 27
- 5 cases as of 7 p.m. on Friday, May 28
- 374,877 total negative test results
- 78 persons currently hospitalized
- 540 total confirmed COVID-19 deaths
- 36 suspected COVID-19 deaths
*Posted numbers reflect the number of positive PCR tests (currently infected with COVID). Individuals who test positive more than once are counted only once as a positive case. Antibody test results are not included in posted numbers.
More information regarding numbers in quarantine, percentages of exposure types, percentage increases and decreases in cases, deaths, and quarantines, as well as a chart of daily totals and 14-day moving averages of confirmed cases are available on the County Health Department’s COVID-19 dashboard.