St. Charles County Government and the Department of Public Health staff are working closely with local, regional, state and federal partners to investigate COVID-19, monitor individuals who may have been exposed to the virus and implement procedures to reduce the spread of illness. Consult St. Charles County’s COVID-19 website for information on the disease pandemic and the county’s response activities.
As of this update at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2021 the Department of Public Health reports the following:
- 31,291 cumulative confirmed cases* in St. Charles County
- 5077 probable cases
Cumulative cases by zip code have not been updated on the county dashboard
- 25 percent decrease in positive cases over the last 14 days compared to the prior 14 days
Positive cases by date for the past week:
- 223 cases on Saturday, January 2
- 230 cases on Sunday, January 3
- 215 cases on Monday, January 4
- 198 cases on Tuesday, January 5
- 101 cases on Wednesday, January 6
- 205 cases on Thursday, January 7
- 163 cases as of 7:30 p.m. on Friday, January 8
- 219,037 total negative test results
- 166 persons currently hospitalized
- 334 total confirmed COVID-19 deaths
- 83 suspected COVID-19 deaths
*Posted numbers reflect the number of positive PCR tests (currently infected with COVID). Individuals who test positive more than once are counted only once as a positive case. Antibody test results are not included in posted numbers.
More information regarding numbers in quarantine, percentages of exposure types, percentage increases and decreases in cases, deaths, and quarantines, as well as a chart of daily totals and 14-day moving averages of confirmed cases are available on the County Health Department’s COVID-19 dashboard.