Senior, Disabled Wentzville Residents Can Apply for Utility Tax Rebate in April and May

From April 3 through May 31, eligible Wentzville residents can apply for a refund of city utility taxes.

To be eligible for a refund, you must rent or own your primary residence in the City of Wentzville, be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security, and have a maximum 2016 gross income of $39,400 for single-person households and $45,000 for married-couple households. The refund program is based on your total gross income for filing year 2016 and social security income is included. Refunds are only available for the months when you lived in Wentzville and were at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled.

Beginning April 3, residents can apply for the refund in person at City Hall (310 W. Pearce Blvd.) or at Public Works (200 E. Fourth St.). When applying for the refund, residents will need: proof of residency, income, age and/or disability, and copies of their gas, electric and primary phone bills (or the reports listed above). Residents must also present a driver’s license, Social Security card or birth certificate.

The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on the your electric, gas and phone bills for 2016. If you haven’t saved your gas or electric stubs, you can contact your local utilities to request a report.

Questions? Please call the Finance Department at (636) 639-2155.