St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann and St. Charles County Police Captain Tom Koch will meet with Governor Jay Nixon and the National Weather Service this afternoon for a weather briefing.
The State of Emergency for St. Charles County remains in effect. There have been no reports of flood-related fatalities. As of the evening of December 28, the St. Charles County Police Division of Emergency Management received reports of 18 vehicle water rescues.
Flash Flood Warnings have expired. Flood Warnings remain in effect for:
- Dardenne Creek – moderate flooding
- Mississippi River at all local stations
- Missouri River at all local stations
Below is a listing of county/municipality roads and other areas reported to/confirmed by Emergency Management that are closed or have other accessibility issues due to flooding. This page is updated as additional closings/issues come in but the listing may not be comprehensive, especially in a high-volume rain, flash-flood situation. Drivers are always encouraged to exercise caution in flood-prone areas near rivers and creeks – turn around, don’t drown!
For a list and details re: closures on state highways and routes, visit MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map.
The list below was updated based on reports at 8:45 AM on Tuesday, December 29. Due to the rapidly changing flooding situation, it is advised to be extremely careful on all roads throughout the county as this list is not comprehensive.
- Eastbound Salt River Road ramp onto Spencer Road
- Highway 67 South – Clark Bridge to Highway 94, West Alton
- Hwy 94 North – at Harbor Point, West Alton
- Hwy 94 South – at Defiance
- Hwy B – at Kampville, between Seeburger and Hayford, between New Town Rd. and Hwy 94
- Hwy C – North of St. Peters
- Hwy D – Closed east of Hwy DD
- Hwy H – Between Hwy 94 and Portage
- Hwy N – Closed at Cottleville between Hwy K and Weiss Rd.
- Hwy P between Hyland Green and Hwy M
- Hwy 79 at Dyer Road
- Greens Bottom Road, between Pitman Hill Road and Amrein Road
- Mette Rd at St. Charles/Lincoln county line
- New Town Boulevard – North to Highway B
- Salt River Rd. – between Hwy 79 and Main St.
- Sioux Dr. – Portage des Sioux
- Washeon Rd. in northern St. Charles County
- Wilson Rd. in northern St. Charles County
- Bangert Island Park
- Hideaway Harbor Park
- Indian Camp Creek Park
Impassable/Water on Road
- Augusta Bottom Road – Augusta
- Barwise Road – Orchard Farm
- Bethman Road north of St. Charles
- Callaway Fork Road – Defiance
- Dalbow Road north of O’Fallon
- Defiance Road – Defiance
- Dietrich Road – Foristell
- Dwiggins Road (to Saale) – northern St. Charles County
- Dyer Road north of O’Fallon
- Firma Road northeast of O’Fallon
- Flatwoods Road north of O’Fallon
- Fox Hill Rd. – St. Charles
- Grafton Ferry Road – northern St. Charles County
- Hawning Rd. – St. Charles
- LeSieur – Portage des Sioux
- Mertz Road – northern St. Charles County
- Peruque Creek Road north of O’Fallon
- Saale Road – north of St. Charles
- Saucier Road – Portage des Sioux
- Silvers Road – north of St. Peters
- South Shore Road – northern St. Charles County
- Stub Road – Defiance