Would you know what to do in an emergency situation? Would you know how to assist in the aftermath?
Learn all of this and more at O’Fallon’s free Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3, at the O’Fallon Streets Department building, 1089 Public Works Drive, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
Friday’s class runs from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday’s classes are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participants must attend all three days to pass the course.
The free, 20-hour course will cover these topics and more:
- Basic emergency response skills
- Assembling a disaster preparedness kit
- Hands-on basic medical assessment and treatment for injuries, burns, etc.
- Working as a team to conduct triage, light search and rescue and extinguishing small fires
- How to assist should emergency personnel be unable to respond to a disastrous event
CERT skills also apply to daily emergencies. All participants must pass a background check and must be at least 18 years old. You do not need to be a resident of O’Fallon to attend the class.