The O’Fallon City Council will meet Thursday, September 8, 2016 in the O’Fallon Municipal Centre. The meeting is open to the public and can be viewed on streaming video through the city’s website.
The workshop portion of the meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. Topics on the agenda for the workshop are:
- Public art master plan
- 2016 property tax general and debt service levies
- Sewer lateral presentation
- Recommendations for Main Street water main
- Tourism and festivals presentation
The formal meeting of the council is at 7:30 p.m. The topics on the agenda are:
- Motion to reconsider resolution approving an agreement with Hansen’s for yard waste disposal rates (resolution was approved at previous meeting)
- Final approval of an ordinance to amend the city to adopt the 2015 building codes
- Final approval of the Sommers Road and Highway DD Intersection Improvements Project
- Final approval of amendments to the city code about right of way permits
- Consent calendar: minutes, destruction of records, stormwater management for Plaza Tire, easements, escrow extension for Wyndgate, liquor license request, approval of successful probation of Playoff’s
- Public comments and first reading of a conditional use permit for a 6-foot tall chain link fence with barbed wire at 1285 West Terra Lane
- Public hearing and first reading for the 2016 property tax levy
- First reading of an ordinance to re-enact the levy for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program
- First reading of an ordinance to disclose potential conflicts of interest for certain municipal officials
- First reading of an agreement for the Villages at Shady Creek
- Resolutions for: traffic calming on Royallsprings Parkway; new refuse carts; bullet containment system for the new justice center; change order for bio-solids hauling and disposal contract; entertainment production, carnival, and concessions for the Heritage & Freedom Fest
The agenda also includes time for public comment and for reports from the council members and city administrator.
Full agendas and supporting documents can be found on the city’s website.