In a report to the O’Fallon Board of Aldermen, the city’s Economic Development Department noted that 18 businesses had applied for business licenses in February. The businesses new to O’Fallon are:
- Annie Nails
- CJF Construction LLC (construction, home remodeling)
- CT Salon
- Drops of Joy Jewelry
- Dynamic Engineered Systems, Inc.
- Eagle Exteriors
- Elite Printing and Packaging
- George K. Baum and Company
- Kash Kwik
- Larkspur Lane (home décor)
- Lawn & Landscape Solutions
- Maidpro (cleaning service)
- Mattress Direct
- Pass Security (security services)
- RiteAir Heating & Cooling LLC
- ShowMe CrossFit
- The Hitting Zone
- Universal Components Inc. (auto parts)
Citimortage received two business licenses, but both are existing businesses.
Altogether, these O’Fallon businesses could bring as many as 33 new full-time jobs and 26 part-time jobs to the city, the department reported. Five of the new businesses will be in Ward 1 (one home-based), four in Ward 2, one in Ward 3 (home-based), four in Ward 4 (one home-based), and six in Ward 5.
Two other new businesses, Primrose School of O’Fallon at Winghaven and Chic Salon & Boutique, held ribbon cutting ceremonies in February.
These new businesses bring the year’s total to 34. In 2014, O’Fallon saw the start of 190 new businesses.