The 15th Annual Polar Plunge on February 3 in Lake Saint Louis was a splashing success, raising $91,714 to date for the athletes of Special Olympics Missouri.
A total of 402 brave men and women from around the area donned costumes and swimwear to take a chilly dip into Lake Sainte Louise.
Online fundraising is still ongoing. Organizers of the plunge still hope to raise an additional $28,200 to reach the goal of $120,000 Donations can be made at www.somo.org/plunge.
Top individual fundraisers were:
- 1st Place Fundraiser – David Hurst ($11,926)
- 2nd Place Fundraiser – Brian Adelsberger ($5,789)
- 3rd Place Fundraiser – Jeff Conderman ($2,540)
Prizes were also awarded in the following categories:
- Top Fundraising Team – Team Supa Dupa ($6,391)
- Top Law Enforcement Individual – Brian Adelsberger ($5,789)
- Top Law Enforcement Team – St. Charles County PD – ($10,800)
- Top Fundraising School – Fort Zumwalt West Middle Wildcats ($10,882)
Competition for the Golden Plunger was steep this year. Participants are encouraged to come in costume and compete for the chance to take home the “golden plunger.”
- Group 1st Place – Revenge of the Nerds
- Group 2nd Place – Mardi Gras Crew
- Group 3rd Place – 101 Dalmatians- Spot On
- Individual 1st Place – Man in a Gold Dress
- Individual 2nd Place – Cruella DeVil
- Individual 3rd Place – Painted Minion
This year’s event was supported by the police departments from Lake Saint Louis, O’Fallon, Wentzville and St. Charles County. Presenting sponsors included iHeart Media, Texas Roadhouse, The Newsmagazine Network, Toyota Bodine, Premiere Rentals, Code 3 and Lake St. Louis Community Association.
For more information about the Polar Plunge, visit www.somo.org/plunge.