Children of all ages and abilities are invited to attend the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department’s annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 8 at the County’s Youth Activity Park in Dardenne Prairie.
The event features the second annual EGGstravaganza for children with disABILITIES, co-hosted by the Parks Department and the St. Charles County Police Department.
Rain or shine, more than 8,000 candy and toy-filled eggs will be hidden throughout the park’s 25-acre facility for seven hunts. Photos with the Easter Bunny and egg-themed games will round out the activities. Families are encouraged to bring their cameras!
Easter Egg Hunt
Three age-appropriate hunts begin in the morning:
- 11 a.m., ages 3 and under
- 11:30 a.m., ages 4-6
- Noon, ages 7-12
In the afternoon, children with sensory, mobility and visual disabilities are invited to participate in one of four hunts:
- 1 p.m., children 12 and under with sensory disabilities
- 1:30 p.m., children 12 and under with mobility disabilities
- 2 p.m., children 12 and under with visual disabilities
- 2:30 p.m., children 13 and older with disabilities.
Children with mobility equipment will hunt for eggs using magnetic sticks; those with visual disabilities will hunt beeping eggs designed and assembled by the St. Charles County Police Bomb Squad.
Registration is limited to 100 children per hunt. Participants are encouraged to register by April 5 by calling the St. Charles County Parks and Recreation Department at 636-949-7535 or online at www.stccparks.org.
The Easter Egg Hunt and EGGstravaganza would not be possible without sponsors. The annual Easter Egg Hunt is sponsored by Alex Bishop Inc. McDonald’s and Chick-Fil-A of O’Fallon. Each child will receive a free kid’s meal voucher from Chick-Fil-A. The McDonald’s Drink Runner will be on location during the event, serving complementary drinks to participants and their families.
EGGstravaganza is sponsored by Batteries Plus Bulbs, Alex Bishop Inc. McDonalds, Bahama Buck’s, Chick-Fil-A of O’Fallon, St. Charles County Ambulance District, Kohl’s 4 Kids, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, Lutheran High School and Hayleigh’s Helping Hands.
- Batteries Plus Bulbs is donating 150 9-volt batteries for the beeping eggs.
- Kohl’s 4 Kids and SSM Health Cardinal Glennon are giving away bike helmets
- Chick-Fil-A of O’Fallon is providing free kid’s meal vouchers
- Hayley’s Helping Hands is donating 200 prize baskets
- Bahama Buck’s is providing free treat vouchers for children
- Lutheran High School students donated prizes for the older youth hunt.