Recycling your natural Christmas tree gives one last holiday gift to our community. When recycled, these evergreens can serve as fish habitat in area park lakes, chipped paths along natural surface walking trails, mulch and much more.
To make recycling natural trees more convenient for St. Charles County residents, the Division of Environmental Health and Protection partners with several area agencies to present a free collection at locations throughout our community. Before bringing natural trees to any of the locations below, residents must remove the tree stand, all decorations and any coverings.
St. Charles County Recycle Works facilities (Open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday, December 26 to January 14)
- Recycle Works Central, 60 Triad South (63304)
- Recycle Works West, 2110 East Pitman Avenue (63385)
Please Note: The Recycle Works facilities accept light strands, cardboard gift boxes and wrapping paper. Various types of electronic items and accessories also may be recycled for a small fee.
St. Charles County Parks (Open 7 a.m. to sunset, daily December 26 to January 15)
- Quail Ridge Park (Group Picnic Area parking lot), 560 Interstate Drive (63385)
City of Wentzville locations (Open 7 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., daily, December 26 to January 20)
- Progress Park (parking lot), 968 Meyer Road
- Heartland Park, 100 William Dierberg Drive
- Rotary Park, 2577 W. Meyer Road
City of O’Fallon locations (Open from dawn to dusk, daily, December 26 to January 15)
- Civic Park (upper parking lot), 400 Civic Park Drive
- O’Fallon Sports Park, 3589 Highway K
City of Lake Saint Louis locations (Open from sunrise to sunset, daily, December 26 to January 14)
- Founders Park, 7 Freymuth Road
For more information on St. Charles County’s recycling program or with questions as to what types of material may be recycled, please call 636-949-1800 or visit http://www.sccmo.org/recycleworks.