Dog ownership brings joy to our homes, promotes exercise and positively impacts the health and quality of life for families. The Pet Adoption Center’s third annual Canine Carnival celebrates the tight bond that owners develop with their pets. This free, family friendly event features discounted adoption rates, games, giveaways, exhibits and other festivities to celebrate “Man’s Best Friend.”
The Canine Carnival will be held at St. Charles County Pet Adoption Center 4850 Mid Rivers Mall Drive (across from St. Charles Community College) on Saturday, July 20 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Activities planned include:
- Animal demonstrations – including visits from a K-9 Officer with the St. Charles County Police Department and representatives from the St. Charles County Parks Department
- Animal contests – including a swimsuit/beach attire competition for dogs at 12:30 p.m.
- Participants playing carnival games – including Dunk the Animal Control Officer
- Opportunities for a $30 discount on adoptions of adult dogs, ages 2 and older
- Raffles and giveaways for attendees
Dogs of all ages, sizes, colors and breeds are available for adoption through the facility. The adoption fee includes a health examination, initial vaccinations, spay or neuter, microchipping and other services that are not always included when adopting elsewhere. Staff takes time to help interested visitors select the best pet for their family, allow time for interaction before adoption, and provide suggestions on becoming a good pet parent. To view pets now available for adoption, please visit www.sccmo.org/pets.