Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Application period for Wentzville utility tax refunds begins April 1

Wentzville Flag

From April 1 through May 31, eligible Wentzville residents can apply for a city utility-tax refund.

To be eligible for a refund, Wentzville residents must:

  • Rent or own their primary residence in the City of Wentzville,
  • Be at least 65 years old or considered totally disabled by Social Security, and
  • Have a maximum 2018 gross income of $43,050 for a single-person household or $49,200 for a married-couple household. (The refund program is based on total gross income for filing year 2018, social security income is included. These income requirements are set by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and can fluctuate from year-to-year. These are the current limits supplied by HUD, but are subject to change before the application period opens on April 1, 2019.)

The refund amount is a portion of the “City Tax” or “Franchise Tax” listed on residents’ electric, gas and phone bills for 2018. Residents can contact local utilities to request a report (Please note: CenturyLink does not provide this report. Additionally, this does not apply to Wentzville’s trash/recycling bill).

Ameren UE: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2018 by calling (314) 342-1111.

Laclede Gas: Request the “Municipal Tax Report” for 2018 by calling (314) 621-6960.

Cuivre River: Request the “Wentzville City Tax Report” for 2018 by calling (800) 392-3709.

Phone Bills: Provide land line OR cell phone bills (pre-paid phones are not eligible).

Beginning April 1, residents can apply for the refund in person at City Hall (1001 Schroeder Creek Blvd.). When applying for the refund, residents will need the following: proof of residency, income, age and/or disability, and copies of their gas, electric and primary phone bills (or the reports listed above). Residents must also present a driver’s license, Social Security card or birth certificate.

If you have questions or would like to check your eligibility, please call the Finance Department at (636) 639-2155.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Notify of